How iOS6 helps you sell your Apps
As iPhone app developers, we are extremely excited about the 200 plus new features contained in iOS6. For this post, we don’t want to review the software (these guys and of course these guys are way better at that), instead, we want to highlight one little feature that will have a great impact on app downloads and sales: “Smart App Banners”.
Benefits of Smart App Banners:
- When a user navigates to your mobile website on the Safari browser, the iOS will automatically show a banner with your App icon, reviews and pricing. Included in the banner is a “one click switch” to your app’s page on the AppStore.
- The feature minimizes your users’ effort to download your app. This in turn, allows you to concentrate on sharing your app’s value proposition on your mobile site instead of worrying about where to place the old “Available on the AppStore” rectangular link.
- The Smart App Banner feature puts even more emphasis on your app icon since it’s the first thing your user will see when they navigate to your mobile site. A great icon means more downloads.
- If the app is already installed, tapping the icon switches to the app.
- The app will remember any information that was inputted on your site before the switch.
As Apple keeps making conversions more efficient, the role of good design and development grows in importance. Give us a call or drop us an email and we will gladly talk about your app and your mobile strategy.